We handle all claims for you. We submit all claims electronically, which speeds up turnaround time on claims. Predetermination of dental benefits are submitted for you as well, which aids in the budgeting and timing of your treatment
In addition to accepting all indemnity (traditional) insurances and payments from non participating PPOs, we participate in the following plans....
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield Tradtional (PAR) and Federal Employee Program (FEP)
- Cigna PPO
- Aetna PPO
- The Principal PPO
- Delta Dental Premiere
- United Concordia
We gladly accept new patients to our growing family. We are a true family practice treating patients of all ages. Dr Pohlhaus bought the practice in 1992 from Dr. Frank Veltre (who retired in 1999), which he had worked in for over thirty years. Currently we have some clients who have been coming to us for over fifty years, including some fourth generation families.
The practice philosophy is simple, help our valued patients reach optimum oral health in a way that meets their needs and expectations. We are a minimally invasive oriented practice and this philosophy is used in all treatments.There is often more than one way to solve a problem, and it is each individuals right to decide what treatment course they would like to follow. Ultimately. no matter what the patients needs and wants are, the most important thing is to start out right with a proper diagnosis. That is, through early detection and treatment anyone can have a healthy mouth in a cost effective matter.
With this philosophy in mind, all new patients get a thorough work up which includes...
- Medical history review
- Comprehensive history form followed by verbal interview. Many medical conditions complicate oral health and no treatment plan is complete without looking at the "big picture".
- Dental history
- Discussing past dental treatments helps define patient expectations, desires, and any anxieties, etc.
- Soft tissue evaluation intra/extra oral
- Soft tissues of the mouth, tongue, throat, lips, face, and neck are evaluated. Salivary glands are checked for function, enlargement, etc.
- Decay Risk Assessment
- CariScreen enzyme screening- A simple, rapid test to help determine level of decay causing bacteria
- CAMBRA questionnaire- Caries (tooth decay) Management by Risk Assessment
- Oral cancer Screening
- Done on every patient at every checkup
- Periodontal Evaluation
- Periodontal Screening and Recording done for new patients and at all check ups. PSR 3 or higher results in full periodontal exam
- TMJ Screening
- Hard Tissue Exam
- Teeth evaluated for decay, wear, signs of bruxism, erosion, fracture, etc.
- Diagnodent laser exam of teeth.
- Occlusion (bite) evaluated.
- Appropriate x-rays taken
- Initial treatment plan proposed, more complex cases may require a second treatment planning appointment.