Dental Lasers can replace both the drill and scalpel for most dental procedures. Patient comfort is greatly improved both during and after all types of dental procedures. Laser procedures are less invasive than traditional approaches using drills and scalpels.
Benefits for the patient include……
- Less need for needles – Most fillings can be done without getting numb. Experienced laser dentists only give a shot for about 10-20 percent of the fillings they do. The majority of small to medium sized fillings are done needle free.
- Less use of the drill – The noise and feel of the high speed dental drill is one of the more unpleasant parts of the dental experience. Even numbed patients report a more comfortable experience without the noise and vibration of the high speed drill.
- Faster Healing Times - Laser procedures are less traumatic so mouth tissues heal faster than traditional techniques.
- Less Post-Op Pain – Patients consistently report a more comfortable postoperative experience when dental lasers are used for oral surgical and periodontal procedures
LESS INVASIVE PROCEDURES WITH GREATER COMFORT.
Advantages dental lasers include.......
- Often no drill or needle for fillings
- Less invasive fillings and surgeries
- Less invasive Root Canals with more thorough disinfection
- More rapid healing and reduced pain after surgical procedures and extractions
- Early tooth decay detection
- Increased bond strength for fillings
- Reduced post op sensitivity with fillings
- Thorough disinfection of tooth prior to filling placement
- Treat kids without the needle or drill
- Drug free cold sore and canker sore treatments with immediate pain relief and healing within two to three days
- Excellent adjunct to crown and bridge work for improved gingival health and more accurate impressions